If you have had or been offered a flu vaccination before, you may already have been invited by your practice for a flu vaccination this year. However, you can now check if you are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination, using the eligiblity checker in Patient Access.
The eligibility checker is accessed from the homepage and will take between 1-2 minutes to complete. The questions are based on the 2022/23 NHS flu vaccination eligibility criteria. Answering these questions will help you understand if you are eligible for a free vaccination and allow us to give you relevant guidance on accessing NHS flu vaccination services.
If you are not eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination, you can still book a private flu vaccination at a pharmacy using Patient Access.
Eligibility can be checked by any patient, or by someone acting on behalf of a patient. The questions are based on:
- Age group
- Long term medical conditions
- Carers, care home residents or shielding
Scroll back through the questions if you need to make any changes.
Based on the information provided, the eligibility checker will provide one of the following outcomes, and the subsequent options.
You are or may be eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination
- Guidance will be available advising to wait to be contacted by your GP practice or the NHS.
Not eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination
- You will be directed to book a private pharmacy appointment. This will navigate you back to the Patient Access Services page.
Flu vaccination is not suitable for you
- You answers suggest that you are not eligible for a flu vaccination
- Certain age groups will be provided with eligibility advice e.g. children.
Still having a problem?
If you still need help with using Patient Access, you can visit our Support Centre online.
If you want to discuss medical issues, please contact your practice