This statement applies to the content published on the Patient Access website, comprising www.patientaccess.com, account.patientaccess.com and app.patientaccess.com subdomains. This website is run and owned by Egton Medical Information Systems Ltd.
We’re committed to proactively advocate for equality through the creation of digital products that are inherently accessible to all people. We’ll continue:
- Developing our internal training programmes to embed the principles of equality in the core of how our teams operate
- Accounting for the accessibility contexts of all people when planning and developing new features or enhancing existing ones
- Ensuring that the accessibility features of this website are developed in a way that is sustainable, scalable and resilient
- Ensuring that the quality of this website is equally distributed across all possible means available to access it
- Publishing new accessibility improvements in every iteration of the Patient Access website
- Ensuring a formal quality assurance process for accessibility throughout the design and development processes
- Researching and testing the usability of this website with users with a wide range of accessibility contexts
- Auditing and testing this website against accessibility standards on a regular basis
- The journeys for booking a GP appointment and ordering repeat medication are now fully operable through a keyboard interface
- We’ve increased the time of the automatic sign-out action
- We’ve enhanced the overall readability across the website by introducing the following:
- Meaningful headings
- Plain, evenly spaced font
- Available meaning of abbreviations
- Plain language and concise content
- Descriptive link text
- Increased contrast between content and the background
- Clear labels on form
Compliance with official accessibility guidelines
To help us make the Patient Access website a positive place for everyone, we use the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard. These guidelines help make web content more accessible for people with a wide range of visual, hearing, cognitive and motor contexts and more user-friendly for everyone.
Patient Access website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard due to the areas of improvement listed below.
Areas for improvement
We’re introducing new accessibility improvements in every iteration of the Patient Access website, but our accessibility audits confirm that there are still some areas that need to be improved.
Feedback and contact information
We’ll always welcome accessibility feedback and be available for you to answer any query you may have regarding the state of the Patient Access website accessibility. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This statement was updated on 14 July 2021. We’ll review this website’s accessibility statement on a regular basis and update it with all relevant changes.
External help to adjust your website settings
AbilityNet provides guidance about how to: