Patient Access Marketplace - Customer Cancellation Policy
Last updated 04 July 2019
You may cancel your appointment through the Booking System at any time prior to the time of your Appointment Date if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to proceed with the appointment.
Please note that the service providers begin to provide the service before the Appointment Date. This includes incurring costs in making the service available to you, processing your information, allocating staff to fulfil your booking and, where applicable, ordering medication. Consequently, your right to receive a refund will depend on how far in advance you cancel your appointment.
For these purposes, your “Appointment Date” is the calendar day of your appointment as confirmed in your booking confirmation.
- When you will receive a refund
- Cancellation by you within 14 days: If you cancel your appointment in the fourteen calendar days after the date of your booking (“Cancellation Period”) and at least 24 hours before your Appointment Date, you will receive a full refund and no administrative fee will apply.
- Cancellation by you after 14 days: If you cancel your appointment more than fourteen calendar days after the date of your booking but at least 24 hours before your Appointment Date, you will receive a refund less an administrative fee of £0.20 (twenty pence) + 2.9% of Gross Transaction Value.
- Cancellation by Service Providers:
- If the service provider cancels the appointment at any time prior to your appointment, you are entitled to a full refund.
- If you attend the appointment and the service provider is unable to provide the service, this will be treated as if the appointment had been cancelled by the service provider and you will be entitled to a full refund.
- When you will NOT receive a refund
- Cancellation by you within 24 hours before your Appointment Date: If, at any time, you cancel your appointment less than 24 hours before your Appointment Date, you will receive no refund because of the costs incurred at this stage in making the service available to you.
- Failure to attend:Any failure to attend the appointment on the Appointment Date will be treated as a cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice and no refund will be paid.
- Exercising your rights
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must provide the service provider with a clear statement of your decision to cancel your appointment. You can do this through the Booking System using the reason box shown to you at the point at which you choose to cancel.
- Any refund that you are entitled to (as explained above) will be paid within 14 calendar days after you notify us of your decision to cancel your appointment.