Ask your practice for a Patient Access registration letter.
When you collect the letter from your practice, you'll need to take proof of identity (e.g. your driving licence or passport) with you.
When you have a registration letter, use the steps below to set up your Patient Access account. First create a Patient Access account, then link to your practice using the unique details on the registration letter.
Create your Patient Access account
- On the Patient Access sign in screen, select Register.
- Enter your personal details.
Note: The gender field is optional.
- Enter your account details.
Note: The Mobile phone and Marketing fields are optional.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select Create account.
- The account is created. Next choose one of the following options:
- Link your GP practice (to link to your practice).
- Skip for now (you can always link later using the Navigation pane or the My Account section (available when you select your name)).
- Your account has been created.
Link to your practice
Next use the registration letter to link to your practice.
- Select Link Your GP Practice, at either the end of the registration process detailed above, or from the navigation pane.
- On the postcode search screen, click the link for practices not located in England.
- Enter your PIN, Practice ID and Access ID (recorded on the registration letter).
- Check your personal details and enter either your house number, flat number, or street number, then select Continue.
Note: The personal details must match the details held by your practice.
- Confirm (enter) your password, then select Link Account.
- On the confirmation screen, select Done.
Your account has been linked to your practice.
Still having a problem?
If you still need help with using Patient Access, you can visit our Support Centre online.
If you want to discuss medical issues, please contact your practice